Building Occupancy System
Our design of an occupancy detection system for buildings was based around several key objectives.
- Make the system as low cost as possible to deployment across a building wide scale
- System to be incrementally deployable within existing buildings, without requiring large scale modiﬁcations such as new wiring.
- Occupancy detection algorithms should be very accurate
Occupancy Detection Algorithm:
Occupancy information can be used to drive a more optimized HVAC schedule. However, due to the difﬁculty in obtaining real time accurate occupancy data, many of these techniques focus on using predetermined schedules.
- PIR sensors for occupancy analysis
- Occupancy-based temperature and lighting control
- Modelling of heat exchange and temp. profile for multiple ACs
- Enhanced intelligence through Camera integration & Analytics